Lawyer Consultation Referral
Do you seek legal advice without contracting an attorney to work for you?
Please read ALL statements below before engaging our services:
NOTE: Referral requests will be assessed once we have the opportunity to review your information.
If approved, a payment link will be sent to your email. If not, you’ll be contacted by email
by Gregory from firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission form is located on the bottom-right of this screen.
- The SCBA is not a law firm, therefore, we’re not able to give legal advice directly.
- We’re unable to provide pro-bono or low cost attorneys through our referral service.
- Our attorneys don’t offer document review during these consultations.
- It can take a few weeks for the consultation to take place, therefore this service is not for emergencies.
- The fee to process your consultation request is $35. The fee covers a 30-minute phone consultation with an attorney.
- There is a non-refundable processing fee of $1.32.
- The Lawyer Consultation Referral is for asking advice. We don’t guarantee the attorney will represent you.
- If hired, prices are between that attorney and you.
- If you want to compare rates and read reviews of local attorneys, please see Avvo.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will the attorney help me with paperwork?
A: The attorney will only help with paperwork if hired after the consultation.
Q: How much will the Attorney’s services cost after the consultation?
A: The attorney’s prices are decided on an individual basis.
Q: Do you have pro-bono or sliding scale attorneys?
A: We don’t have either. It’s best to check with Moderate Means Washington and the Northwest Justice Project for those kinds of legal aid.
Q: Can you waive your $35 fee?
A: We’re unable to waive the $35 fee under any circumstances.
Q: Can you give me a list of attorneys?
A: No. We can’t give out our list of attorneys. We can only give you the information of the attorney to whom you were referred.
Q: Do you speak Spanish?
A: Currently, we don’t and we don’t have Spanish-speaking attorneys.
A+ for providing a prompt, useful connection to an attorney at a difficult time.
I would highly recommend the Lawyer Consultation Referral to anyone seeking help in Snohomish County for legal questions.
It was a pleasure to work with the SCBA. They assisted us in a timely manner and were able to refer us to someone who helped address our questions and concerns.
Areas of Law we can’t currently serve:
- Civil Rights
- Internet Privacy
- Social Security
- Landlord/Tenant (Depends on the situation)
- Elder Law
- Animal Rights
- Special Education
- Personal Injury (Defendant)
Moderate Means: (855)-741-6930 provides low-cost legal services for clients of modest means who have a variety of legal issues. Financial and case screening is required to qualify.
Northwest Justice CLEAR: (888)-201-1014 provides volunteer attorneys to provide pro-bono legal services throughout Washington State. Limited intake hours 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., financial and case screening is required to qualify.